This winter break, let procrastination thaw away into oblivion and get your act together with resources to keep you busy!
1. Planning to prepare for the IELTS? Take a free pre-test with the official organisers online and get a score report of your performance. Limited seats available.
2. Read Darwin’s definitive book ‘ On the Origin of Species’, made available for you to read by the efforts of The Gutenberg Project.
3. Get involved with the Earthwatch Institute. They have offices all over world including India. Download their cool ‘Tree Watch Mobile App’ and participate in their new citizen science venture.
4. Love gardens and gardening but don’t have the time to pick up the shovel? Play Viridi, developed by the Ice Water Games Studio in Seattle. It is a beautiful game where you can grow your own succulents in real time.
5. The collaborative efforts of the Euro Zone to impart education in specialised sciences such as Earth Observation are commendable. The EO College was launched recently as part of these efforts and their new course on introductory concepts of Radar Remote Sensing is amazing!
That’s all for now. Leave a comment to let me know of your opinion!
Keep your eyes peeled on this blog for Nemo’s much anticipated post describing his take on courses offered by Coursera that will be published tomorrow!